Manhattan Institute for Policy Research (MI) is a community of scholars, journalists, activists, and civic leaders who are united by a shared commitment to advancing economic opportunity, individual liberty, and the rule of law in America and its great cities.
About the Role
Manhattan Institute is independent, creative, and bold, and we are hiring a full-time like-minded Events Manager to join our team at our New York City headquarters. As Events Manager at MI, you will play a pivotal role in a three-person team responsible for executing high-caliber events, both in-person and virtual. Collaborating closely with the Director of Events and supported by the Events Coordinator, this role requires a well-organized and self-starting individual passionate about advancing scholarship and contributing to the overall mission of the Manhattan Institute. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in events, hospitality management, or an equivalent field. This role requires the ability to travel approximately 30% and availability to work evening events when needed.
- Manage event logistics for MI programs, including but not limited to: Large-scale fundraising events, conferences, panel discussions, private dinners, interviews, among other offerings
- Act as the primary point of contact for vendors and venues throughout all stages of event production, from procuring contracts to coordinating with audio/visual teams, hotel personnel, catering staff, and other relevant staging crews
- Conceptualize event set-up and runs of show; ensure high-quality event experiences
- Ensure accuracy of invoices, contracts, and payment authorizations; execute budget-related tasks such as issuing reimbursements and tracking event expenses
- Maintain checklist of event materials such as nametags, printed resources, signage, and event-related shipments
- Support the Director of Events in assessing logistical needs for proposed event ideas and floor plans
- Administer virtual events (training provided)
- 3-5 years of experience in events, hospitality management, or an equivalent field
- Experience working with and identifying high-quality event venues and event-related vendors
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to manage information within a database and keep track of event tasks and deliverables
- Familiarity with MI policy priorities and the work of MI Fellows; a keen interest in supporting and extending this work
- Familiarity with virtual event-related software and virtual event production is a plus
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills; ability to deliver high-quality customer service to event attendees and donors
- Development-related and donor-facing experience a plus but not required
- Availability to work evening events when needed
- Ability to be proactive, multi-task, problem solve, and remain poised under pressure
- Ability to travel approximately 30%
MI offers generous benefits, including a hybrid work environment, four weeks paid vacation, a Summer Fridays program, paid paternity/maternity leave, medical and dental coverage, medical and dependent care FSA, mental health benefits, remote medicine, paid company cell phone, life insurance, and a 401(k) with a company-funded match. MI staff also benefit from the opportunity to collaborate and socialize with prominent scholars in our policy space.
The salary range for this position is $70-80K, commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials (in order) in one PDF document:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position, the mission of the organization, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Outreach Manager at Talent Market, who is managing the search process: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.
You can also sign up to receive email updates about posted jobs.