In 2019, Manhattan Institute renamed the Social Entrepreneurship Awards to the Civil Society Awards. Learn more here.
Introduction: Elizabeth K. Fonseca, J.M. Kaplan Fund, Inc.
The recipient of the 2011 William E. Simon Prize for Lifetime Achievement in Social Entrepreneurship:
- Geoffrey Canada, President and CEO, Harlem's Children Zone
- Maile Broccoli-Hickey, English At Work;
- Rachel Doyle, Glamour Girls;
- Barbara Elliott and Sandy Schultz, The WorkFaith Connection;
- Ann Higdon, Improved Solutions For Urban Systems;
- Dr. Lee Ponsky, MedWish International.
Master of Ceremonies: Howard Husock, Vice President, Manhattan Institute