Donate by stock or wire transfer
To make a tax-deductible gift of appreciated stock to the Manhattan Institute:
The simplest way to make a gift of stock is to contact your broker and electronically transfer the stock from your account to our account at Charles Schwab Corporation.
- Call the Manhattan Institute’s Sponsorship Office at (212) 599-7000 or send an email to Andrew Law, Director of Development, to let us know that you would like to make a gift of stock.
- Provide your name, your phone number, the name of the stock you are giving and the number of shares (e.g. 15 shares of Autodesk Inc.)
- Call your broker with the information below and ask your broker to contact Charles Schwab Corporation.
Name: Charles Schwab Corporation
Address: 60 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10165
Phone: (212) 213-5313
Manhattan Institute Account: 5882-0813
DTC Number: 164
Code #: 40
It is preferable to transfer stock electronically. However, if you want to send a physical stock certificate, please follow these steps:
- Endorse the stock certificate.
- Sign a Stock Power form. (This form is available from most banks or brokers.) Mail the stock certificate and the stock power separately to:
52 Vanderbilt Avenue, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10017