The Manhattan Institute seeks a highly-motivated Marketing Communications Manager for its Adam Smith Society —a national, chapter-based association of free-market MBA students and alumni. Since its founding in 2011, the Adam Smith Society has grown its presence to 30 student chapters in our nation’s elite business schools, professional chapters in eight major cities, and a base of 6,500+ members.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Communications Manager will create, implement, and manage an effective communications strategy (both online and offline, organic and paid), serve as the Society’s messaging expert, and help cultivate and grow membership.
This person should have experience or familiarity with website content, online advertising, newsletters, event marketing, social media management, and membership communications. The ability to take knowledge, transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to our audience through the best distribution channels is critical.
- Create compelling copy and manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic membership communications and collateral including, but not limited to: newsletters, social media, annual reports, event invitations, and programs.
- Build an online presence that communicates the Adam Smith Society’s mission. Own and maintain the Smith Society website, along with other internally/externally facing platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. Ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a communications plan across the network's audiences in collaboration with the Society’s directors and board.
- Execute digital marketing campaigns via web, social media, search, digital ads, email, etc.
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time; report on organic and paid media efforts and offer insights on messaging, tactics, trends.
- Support with database management.
The ideal candidate:
- Interest in digital marketing and communications
- Strategic thinker with strong work ethic
- Outstanding project management skills, relentless attention to detail
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently and entrepreneurially - lots of room for growth!
- Enjoys creating and implementing new campaigns and initiatives
- Possesses high energy, maturity, and leadership skills on strategic and tactical levels
- Basic knowledge of HTML preferred; design background a plus
- Quick learner (provided training: Google Analytics, MailChimp, Drupal, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Must be able to report on key performance metrics and analytics of outreach strategies
- Previous digital agency experience a major plus (but not required)
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Applicants should upload a cover letter and resume—which does not rely on stock language and specifically explains how the applicant’s experience relates to the above role—in one single PDF. This position requires the candidate to work out of our Manhattan office. Please email your cover letter and resume in one single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org (Tara-Marie Lynch, Director of Marketing). The salary and benefits package for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.